Software Development / Automation Testing Engineer
LN BOYA LTD is currently recruiting for an IT Software Development / Automation Testing Engineer that has Test Strategy, Agile, Selenium, Java and API testing experience. The successful Test Engineer will be responsible for performing a range of system and specialist verification and validation tasks. Responsible for the testing of relatively complex solutions using agile or traditional methodologies. Will provide essential input into requirements capture, test planning and the capture of test metrics. Will research outside of their normal test activities, take an active part in test process improvement and actively share knowledge to others.
We are looking for individuals who have ideally have experience in the IT Software Automation testing using Test Strategy, Agile, Selenium, Java and API testing. We offer great career prospects and opportunities to work within a fantastic working environment. A salary package of up to £40K per year will be on offer together with a benefits package.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with Product Owner, Developers and Business Analysts on the developed solutions, providing feedback on the soundness of proposed solutions, ensuring they are fit for purpose.
- Identifying business requirements and writing acceptance criteria for various requirements.
- Using experience, domain knowledge and risk-based approach, split testing effort effectively into the functional, automated BDD test design, structured exploratory testing sessions and non-functional, UI, accessibility testing and security.
- Designing tests to mitigate risk and estimate test effort for user stories, sprints and projects.
- Perform manual testing (functional and non-functional), record results and log defects
- Review results of automated tests and log defects.
- Stress testing, performance testing and quality assurance.
- Using tools and frameworks such as Cucumber.
- Support and work closely with the UAT test team, to ensure the consistency of application behaviour.
- Evaluate quality of the product(s) under test and provide feedback to the team.
- Maintenance and or driving effort on bespoke test automation solutions, identification of areas where test automation could be beneficial.
- Continuously monitor/measure test coverage and improve test scenarios.
- Provide feedback/input on the techniques, solutions and tools used throughout the projects.
You find the description of this role exciting and are passionate about solving complex problems in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
You take great pride in your ability to grasp complex business scenarios and translating them in to solutions.
You believe in yourself and your own abilities, but also appreciate that there is an endless ocean of new things to learn and take on board, cherishing the opportunity to do so.
You have solid experience in testing and software development and played a key role in the success in your previous team.
- A graduate or master’s degree or Ph.D. qualified or equivalent in Computer Science / IT Engineering or similar related subject.
- Minimum 10 -15 years’ experience in IT Software Automation Testing.
You know these key skills:
- Sound understanding of different delivery methodologies (E.g., Agile, Waterfall, V- Model)
- Writing Test Strategy
- Java or C# or Python
- BDD approach to software development
- API testing skills (REST, WebAPI)
- CI/CD implementation using Jenkins
- Understanding of the value in test automation within an Agile environment
- Built from scratch and maintained test automation frameworks
- Excellent knowledge of test automation design, strategy, planning, best-practice, principles and reporting within a BDD delivery
- Some working knowledge of database concepts and ability to write basic SQL queries
- You will have the ability to analyse and communicate processes and practices in a clear and concise manner.
- You will possess good communication skills and be aware of cultural differences.
You also understand:
- Software failures and faults
- Risk based approach to testing
- Non-functional aspects of web application testing – such as UI, Accessibility, Security and Performance
- £35,000 to £40,000 per year, Negotiable dependent upon experience.
- The company offers very good benefits and career support.
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.