Senior IT Software Java Developer
The senior Java developer will work as a full-stack developer on the Big Data platform and report to Senior Technical Architect. The position needs a sharp and seasoned engineer, who would be working closely with Architects and Design Experts to perform feasibility analyses, prepare the technical architecture based on the requirements, collaborate with other developers to realize the plans, mentor juniors to achieve development goals, lay out the high and low-level designs and work to deliver within deadlines. The job requires dealing with high-volume applications and entails picking the best design and engineering principles and putting them into practice.
Posting date: 1st November 2023
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000 per year, Negotiable dependent upon experience.
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 29th November 2023
- Location: Bristol, South Gloucestershire
- Company: LN BOYA LIMITED
- Job type: Full Time
- Job reference: LNBOYALTD_JOBREF_ ITSJD05
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ready to handle a fast-paced environment for iterative project turnarounds on mission & revenue critical, customer facing applications and websites.
- An understanding of how the Java VM works and its impact on the overall performance of an application.
- Strong problem-solving skills, data structures and algorithms.
- A demonstrable track record in developing and delivering high quality, efficient and optimised software solutions to tight deadlines.
- A strong understanding of test-driven development and design patterns and Able to develop unit testable code using testing frameworks like Junit, TestNG and Cucumber.
- Able to accurately estimate development and testing effort and Good understanding of the principles of modern software development.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to work with system users and senior stakeholders.
- Experience using relational databases and Proficient in SQL.
- Generate technical documentation to communicate architectural and design options and educate development teams and business users.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality software and Shares own expertise with others, Agile development practices and Secure coding experience.
Professional Qualifications & Experience:
- A graduate or master’s degree or Ph.D. qualified or equivalent in Computer Science / IT Engineering or similar related subject.
- Minimum 10 -15 years of experience in developing, releasing, and maintaining software applications based on Java/J2EE Technologies.
- Develops code, completes programming and debugs software applications and solutions and also Contributes to Code Reviews.
- Builds and assembles prototype assimilations of software applications and solutions as directed.
- Deliver high quality software applications and solutions that are extensible and scalable within the specified timeline.
- Reviews projects against goals and provides status reports.
- Demonstrate creativity in identifying effective approaches to software and solution development process and promote opportunities for product innovation.
- Identify product requirements and potential improvements and discuss them with the Product Development Manager.
- Participate in the complete software development life cycle from requirement gathering to deployment of the product.
- Write and review documentation needed for installation, usage and maintenance of applications and solutions.
- You will have the ability to analyse and communicate processes and practices in a clear and concise manner and You will possess good communication skills and be aware of cultural differences.
- Accomplished Java EE programmer, with strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures and advanced programming concepts.
- Good in various Spring based frameworks like Spring Batch, Spring Integration and Spring Boot.
- JPA/Hibernate, SQL/NoSQL, REST / Web Service APIs and Experience in front-end technologies like React, AngularJS.
- Strong provisioning and automating skills such as experience in Vagrant and Puppet and Design – UML, design patterns, Strong Object-Oriented Analysis and Design skills.
- Experience using a build automation tool such as Maven and Exposure to version control and CI/CD systems.
- Experience with any of prevalent messaging and queuing technologies like ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.
- A pragmatic approach to programming within a production environment and Experience with data warehousing and analytics.
- Exposure/experience in a Linux environment and Experience with Microservices architecture and multi-tier server applications.
- Exposure to Caching Systems, Docker/Kubernetes, Spring Cloud, Netflix Zuul, Netflix Eureka, Apache Kafka, ActiveMQ, Lucene, Elasticsearch, Swagger.
- £45,000 to £50,000 Negotiable dependent upon experience.
- The company offers very good benefits and career support.
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.